1. GENERAL WARNING
1.1 Euromot, an international non-profit association incorporated under Belgian law, whose registered office is established at Rue Joseph Stevens 7, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under the number VAT BE – 0599.830.578 (hereinafter “EUROMOT“) respects the privacy of its users (hereinafter “Users“).
1.2 EUROMOT deals with the personal data transmitted to it in accordance with the legislation in force, and in particular the law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy and its executive decrees.
1.4 The User acknowledges having read the information below and authorizes EUROMOT to deal, in accordance with what is specified below, with the personal data he communicates on the Website within the framework of the service proposed by EUROMOT (hereinafter the “Service“).
1.5 EUROMOT may be required to amend and adapt the Charter, in order to comply with any new applicable legislation and / or regulations (such as the adoption of the new European regulation in dealing with the personal data – Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – of 14 April 2016, entering into force on 25 May 2018), the recommendations of the Belgian Privacy Commission, the guidelines, recommendations and good practice of the European Data Protection Committee and the decisions of courts and tribunals in this field.
1.6 The Charter is valid for all the hosted pages on the Website and for the savings of this Website. It is not valid for the hosted pages by third parties that EUROMOT may redirect to and where their privacy policies may differ. EUROMOT cannot be held responsible for any data processed on these sites or by them.
1.7 The communication of personal data is necessary in order to access to certain parts of the Website (for example the Website’s member zone). Without communication by the User to EUROMOT of these data, access may be refused. Furthermore, EUROMOT asks for personal data for the subscription to their newsletter and for the registration to events/meetings.
2. RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING
2.1 The User will normally have access to the Public Website without having to provide personal data, such as, for example, surname, first name, postal address, e-mail address, etc.
2.2 However, as part of the Service, the User may be required to transmit certain personal data. In this case, the person in charge of processing these data is:
Dr. Peter Scherm
Rue Joseph Stevens 7
2.3 Any question or request concerning the processing of these data may be addressed to the following address: email@example.com.
3. COLLECTED INFORMATION
3.1. DATA TRANSMITTED TO EUROMOT BY ACTIVE INTERVENTION OF USERS
By browsing the Website, registering for the Website’s member zone and the newsletter, filling out forms on the Website, through the mobile application or social networks linked to EUROMOT, the User allows EUROMOT to register and maintain, for the purposes mentioned in point 4, the following information:
- identification data, such as surname and first name, title, gender, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile number, fax number, company name, department, position, company address, date of birth, nationality, ID card number, ID card expiry date, profile image etc ;
- communications between Users and EUROMOT;
- To enable the User to attend meetings where providing individual data is a prerequisite for getting access by third parties;
- the additional information requested by EUROMOT from the User in order to identify or prevent him/her from breaching any of the provisions of the Charter; and
- any other information voluntarily transmitted to EUROMOT by the User for a determined purpose in the Charter, in the ToU, on the Website or on any other communication tool used by EUROMOT.
3.2. DATA AUTOMATICALLY TRANSMITTED TO EUROMOT WHEN CONSULTING THE WEBSITE
3.2.1. « COOKIES»
In order to facilitate browsing the Website and optimize technical management, the Website may use “cookies”. For more information the User is invited to consult the Cookies Policy.
3.2.2. REGISTERED INFORMATION ON VISITED SERVERS
When the User accesses the Website, the visited servers automatically save certain data, such as the type of domain with which the User connects to the Internet, the IP address assigned to the User (when logged in), the date and time of access to the Website and other traffic data, location data or other communication data, viewed pages, type of browser used, platform and / or system, the search engine as well as the keywords used to retrieve the Website, etc.
However, no personal data identifying the User is collected through these savings. This information is kept for statistical and improvement purposes only.
4. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
4.1. GENERAL PURPOSES
Without prejudice to what has been specified in point 3.2. concerning the automatically transmitted data, the Website collects, save and processes the personal data of its Users in particular for the following purposes:
- to establish, carry out and conduct the contractual relationship with the User;
- to provide the Service;
- to incorporate users’ personal data into one or more automated files;
- to analyze, adapt and improve the content of the Website;
- to allow the User to receive messages and manage his account from different devices (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.);
- to detect and / or prevent fraud or similar activities of an illegal nature;
- to facilitate the provision and use of the Website and improve the Services offered by EUROMOT as well as the experience of the Users;
- Fulfill requests, for example applications for membership, registration for events, meetings and conferences, requests for information material, etc.;
- for any marketing actions offered by EUROMOT;
- to Subscribers to the Newsletter;
- to inform them about the evolutions of the Website and its functionalities; and
- for any other purpose for which the User has expressly consented.
4.2. COMMUNICATION TO THIRD PARTIES
EUROMOT considers personal data as confidential information. It shall not communicate them to third parties under conditions other than those specified in the Charter or under the conditions in which it is required by law, including the competent authorities who request it.
The disclosure of such information to the aforementioned third parties shall in all circumstances be limited to what is strictly necessary or required by the applicable regulations.
4.3. TRANSFER TO A COUNTRY NOT A MEMBER OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
EUROMOT does normally not transfer data to a country which is not a member of the European Economic Area (EEA) unless it provides an adequate level of protection within the meaning of the law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy, or within the limits permitted by the same law, for example by ensuring the protection of data by appropriate contractual provisions.
There are however two exceptions:
- EUROMOT sometimes needs to provide a third party with personal data of a User in order to subscribe this User to meetings or events organized by this third party. It is possible that this meeting or event is located outside the EEA and that hence this third party is also vested outside the EEA. In this scenario it is possible that personal data of a User will be transferred and stored outside the EEA by said third party;
- The User hereby formally agrees with a transfer of his personal data outside the EEA when he/she subscribes to meetings or events organized outside the EEA or when such meeting or event is organized by an organization vested outside the EEA.
- EUROMOT uses Microsoft’s cloud services (Office 365) in order to store personal data of its Users. It is hence possible, but not certain, that a User’s personal data will be stored on a server outside the EEA. The EU data protection authorities have found in the past that Microsoft’s enterprise cloud contracts, including Office 365, meet the high standards of EU privacy law;
- Nonetheless, the User hereby formally agrees with the use by EUROMOT of Microsoft’s cloud services for the storage of his/her personal data and accepts that in this context his/her personal data may be transferred and stored outside the EEA.
4.4. DIRECT MARKETING
Personal data will not be used for direct marketing purposes for products or services other than those to which the User has already subscribed, unless the User has explicitly consented thereto by ticking the boxes provided for this purpose (“opt-in”).
When the User has given his consent for the use of these information for direct marketing purposes, the User retains the right to oppose such use at any time, upon request and free of charge. To do so, the User must unsubscribe with the corresponding link in each newsletter by ticking the box of the Website provided for this purpose on each User account or to send his unambiguous request to the address Following: firstname.lastname@example.org. The User shall in all cases be responsible for the veracity of the data provided and shall inform EUROMOT of any amendments to the data.
5.1. EUROMOT has taken the adequate measures to ensure that the servers hosting the processed personal data prevent, to the extent possible:
- the processing, access or unauthorized modification of these data;
- inadequate use or disclosure of such data; and
- the unlawful destruction or accidental loss of such data.
5.2. In this respect, EUROMOT employees who have access to these data are subject to a strict confidentiality obligation. EUROMOT cannot, however, be Held liable for any misappropriation of these data by a third party in spite of the adopted security measures.
5.3. The Users undertake not to commit any acts which may be contrary to the present Charter, the ToU or, generally, the law. Offenses against the confidentiality, integrity and availability of computer systems and saved data, processed or transmitted by such systems, or the attempt to commit any of these offenses, shall be punished by imprisonment for three months to five years and a fine of twenty-six euros to two hundred thousand euros or one of these penalties only.
6. CONSERVATION PERIOD
EUROMOT will normally conserve the personal data of its Users for the necessary duration for the accomplishment of the pursued purposes (see point 4). EUROMOT may also continue to maintain personal data concerning the User, including any correspondence or request for assistance addressed to EUROMOT, in order to be able to answer any questions or complaints that may be addressed to it, and in order to comply with all applicable laws (including taxation), including the conservation of information on payments made.
7. RIGHTS OF THE CONCERNED PERSON
7.1. The User may at any time request access, rectification or, if necessary, deletion to / from his / her personal data, with the exception of those for which EUROMOT would have a legal obligation to keep, by sending a written request accompanied by a copy of his identity card or passport to the data controller:
- at the following postal address: EUROMOT AISBL , Rue Joseph Stevens 7, 1000 Brussels, Belgium or;
- to the following email address: email@example.com.
7.2 EUROMOT will then take the necessary steps to satisfy this request as soon as possible.
8. NOTE CONCERNING MINORS
Persons under the age of 18 and persons who do not have full legal capacity are not permitted to communicate their personal data to EUROMOT.
9. APPLICABLE LAW AND COMPETENT JURISDICTION
9.1 The Charter shall be governed by the Belgian law to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable rules of private international law.
9.2 In the event of a dispute concerning the validity, application, interpretation or enforcement of the Charter, the courts of the judicial district of Brussels (Belgium) shall have exclusive jurisdiction, to the fullest extent permitted by the rules of private international law.
9.3 Before undertaking any legal dispute resolution, the User undertakes to resolve the dispute by amicable means by contacting EUROMOT directly, if necessary by mediation, before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or any other means of dispute resolution.